Pages

Tuesday 11 May 2021

Punctuation, worksheet

 What is a full stop and when does it get used?

A full stop is when you finished with a sentence. And we use it at the end of a sentence.


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a full stop.

  • I went to the shops.

  • I had to clean my room.

  • It was fun during the holidays.


What is a question mark and when does it get used?


A question mark is when you ask someone a question


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a question mark.

  • How are you today?

  • Are you okay?

  • Where do you come from?


What is a speech mark and when does it get used?

A speech mark is when you're writing about someone talking.

Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a speech mark.

  • My mum said “can you go please clean your Room”

  • “ let's go to the shops”

  • “ next reading group please”


What is a comma and when does it get used?

A comma is something you use when you have some word like I want shoes,a bag, and some lollies. 


Write 3 sentences showing me the correct use of a comma.

  •  Can I have a chip,chocolate,lollies and some drinks 

  • Look at the trees,houses and cars.

  • Floor,mountains,grass and the sky.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.